Print out IP address
Kyocera Scan to Network Setup
Use the following procedure to print out network status page of the newer Kyocera MFP (come with color touch screen)
- Press the System Menu key.
- Press [Report] and [Next] of Print Report.
- Press [Print] for the report you want to print. Printing starts.
- A confirmation screen appears. Press [Yes].
Printer Installation under Apple MAC OS X 10.5
Default Windows printing to black and white
Following example scan document to network share \\10.0.0.14\scandocs
Kyocera MFP support scan to Email, Scan to SMB (File Share) and Scan to FTP
*Note: For print server environment, go to "Advanced" > "Printing Defaults" instead
- Go to “Devices and Printers”
- Open the print driver that you want to make changes
- Select Printing Preferences
- Select black and white icon (see picture below)
Alternative way to install print driver in Mac OS X
- Scan to Email, all is required is to enable the SMTP protocol and input the SMTP Server name/address and the default send from address. The default send from address does not have to be a real one e.g. email@example.com . The scan image will be received as an email attachment.
- Scan to SMB, a contact (address) has to be created in the address book. It required “Host Name” which is the name or IP address of the computer that receives the scan image. “Path” which is the file share name and the “User Name” and “Password” of the user that have write access to the file share
- Scan to FTP, is similar to the Scan to SMB but it required a FTP server. Our FTP Software Utility can be used to turn your computer to a small FTP server.
Please look at the PDF file below or the Video for more detail
Extract from 3050/4050/5050 user guide
Basic Scan Setup video
- Select the printer/MFP and choose directly download PPD. Remember where you saved the PPD file
- System Preferences -> Print & Fax click the + to add a new printer. (please see FAQ Printer Installation under Apple MAC OS X 10.5 for more detail)
- Select your printer, wait for the system to choose "Generic PostScript Printer" under Print Using. Change Print Using to “Other” and browse to the file you downloaded.
- The value in Print Using will change to Kyocera xxxxx. Click Add, check any options you have installed on your printer, click Continue and you are done.